TO, MITSUHA MIYAMIZU

Mitsuha Miyamizu,

You are a brave woman standing up for what needs support. You are the light at the end of the evergrowing tunnel covered in the sins of humanity. Just one look at you and I know. Everything will be alright. It could be the end of the world, whether by the largest tsunami, volcano eruption, or earthquake known to man. Everything collapsing around everyone. Cities filled with the voices of sorrow and the dying. I would need just one look at you and I know, everything will be fine as long you exist. 

Some may find this notion "selfish", but it is only thanks to you I have started to leech onto the positives that reality has to offer. Time runs on and the bodies grow colder and older day by day. Jobs become more scarce. Pollution grows around the world. Animals dying on the road or in the sea. The world has already ended 10 times over for me. 

But...

Hope still exists. Because of you. You are the strongest, most selfish, and most selfless person I know. I want to keep you warm when you fight for the world on the snowiest of days. I want to be your healer when the world throws everything your way. I will be, for you have inspired me to be selfish and I will be selfish when it comes to you. 

I remember the chess match being played at the beginning, the poem on cannibalism, and the ethics of being by yourself in a world that promotes company-generated artificial love. The science behind a man birthing a child and the progress we have made through time. Many more themes await us and I am not scared, neither I am excited. I am relaxed as long as you're the steering wheel of my car going through the hills of morality and emotions. 

There is only one thing clear to me. You are my everything. As long as you exist, I am immortal and invincible and I hope I can make you the same too. 

Love, Taki Tachibana

Comments

Popular Posts