I Helped Create A Website

Yes, you read that right. I have officially co-created a website called Film Scopes. A site that talks about the scopes of films while reviewing them or giving an opinion about them while adding a rating of our own called the Scopo-Meter. One of the few reasons I haven't been actively blogging all that much is the amount of work I've been pouring into making this website run along with my partner aka my girlfriend, Ms. Srishty Alive. I'm mainly going to make this post about how the journey has been so far and what all difficulties have and may come along the way of creating our own website. 




Ms. Srishty and I have been planning this since the last year or so, mainly our idea was to get a site up and running this year which would talk about films and their fun facts that only a few are blessed to know. By February, we decided to act on the idea and get things started. She had the contacts and I had the experience and thus our roles naturally fit into place. She would be the face of the website - promoting, sponsoring, feedback management, and social media. I would be the internal gear - writing, editing, publishing, scheduling, and staffing. 

We would switch some responsibilities here and there whenever needed or convenient and thus our work environment was created in a healthy flexible manner that treated everyone working for the site with their space, respect, and mental health intact which is a lot more than I can say about some other sites I have worked for previously. 

One major setback of creating any website is going to be the pre-preparation for it. It does not matter if you have 30 articles in your back pocket or if you know the ins and outs of programming. It will never be enough. There will be problems related to how you want to design the site. How you want the colors to pop. What features should be available for the public and the staff etc. 

Not only that, do take into account that the majority of the time, these websites do not build themselves, it will extract an amount of finance from your pockets to get things up and running once you have set your mind to what you want your site to be.

A grand solution to the many problems that would roll out once you've got the idea in your head is... to just roll with the punches. Some things can be dealt with faster than others obviously, but it's not going to speed up the entire process by any means necessary. 

Overall, it's been quite a journey so far with its own ups and downs. One thing I can say for certain is that every moment has been joyful knowing that this is a website of my own. My rules, my staff, my choice, my style. Freedom at last!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts